Cardi B Invasion of Privacy Producer Credits

Cardi B “Invasion of Privacy” Producer Credits

Cizzurp [istandard news], credit check Leave a Comment

In the wee hours of Friday morning, at midnight eastern, Belcalis Almanzar, professionally known as Cardi B, dropped her highly anticipated debut album "Invasion of Privacy". I had spent most of the day combing the internet and reaching out to folks close to the situation along with the [istandard] team to get the creator credits. Below you will find the Cardi B "Invasion of Privacy" Producer Credits.

Understandably, many projects are kept close to the cuff to avoid leaks and such, so we waited patiently for the drop. At midnight I checked my Tidal. I checked Apple Music. I checked Spotify. I even checked Wikipedia, which had partially filled in the credits for songs that were released previously for the most part.

I checked Genius, I googled the album and I googled each song individually and then I gave up.  Luckily I woke up to the Wikipedia page being filled out with what is hopefully an accurate list, but we learned from Dr. Dre's "Compton" album, that Wikipedia gets it wrong in the beginning as well. Check back for our Chopping Block take on "Invasion of Privacy" from the production point of view, but for now here is what we know. I won't call it gospel, so know it is subject to change. Salute to all the creators involved. The writing and production on this one are super dope. Props to Cardi B and the team of contributors who made what I think will be a wildly successful project. We're reaching out to some folks, so an update may be forthcoming.

We're still screaming respect the producer. Respect the writer. Respect the engineers. Respect the session players. These days when a song borrows from another song those writers are immediately credited because of the legal ramifications of not crediting them. Let those people enjoy the release moment as well. After all, they put a lot of work into this, same as the artist.

TitleWriter(s)Producer(s)
1."Get Up 10"Southside
2."Drip" (featuring Migos)
  • Cassius Jay
  • Nonstop Da Hitman[b][14]
3."Bickenhead"
4."Bodak Yellow"
  • J. White
  • Klenird Raphael[a]
5."Be Careful"
3:30
6."Best Life" (featuring Chance the Rapper)4:44
7."I Like It" (with Bad Bunny and J Balvin)
  • J. White
  • Craig & Tainy
  • Invincible [a]
4:13
8."Ring" (featuring Kehlani)
2:57
9."Money Bag"
3:49
10."Bartier Cardi" (featuring 21 Savage)
11."She Bad" (with YG)DJ Mustard
12."Thru Your Phone"
13."I Do" (featuring SZA)

[courtesy of wikipedia] as of (April 6, 2018 @ 15:40:07)

*Update* - April 6, 2018 @ 18:27:00

As you can see above, nobody in this post was credited on the original posting. Here is Wikipedia now.

Credits were adapted from Tidal.[15][16]

5."Be Careful"
3:30
6."Best Life" (featuring Chance the Rapper)  4:44
7."I Like It" (with Bad Bunny and J Balvin)  4:13
8."Ring" (featuring Kehlani)  2:57
9."Money Bag" J. White[3]3:49
10."Bartier Cardi" (featuring 21 Savage)
3:44
11."She Bad" (with YG)  3:50
12."Thru Your Phone"  3:08
13."I Do" (featuring SZA) Murda Beatz[3]3:20

Bickenhead is empty again, as are tracks 6-8. According to [istandard] CEO J Hatch, who spoke with a reliable source from Atlantic Records involved in the process of the album, Bickenhead was actually produced by AYO and Keyz and Nes. A quick find of a post from AYO confirms their involvement.

A few more clicks and its a record named "C(B)hickenhead.

We just got a pretty accurate hit from Needlz on who was involved in track 8. I went to Tidal and the producer credits only show on previous releases. Writer's credits exist for Be Careful and Bodak Yellow. Even Bartier Cardi which was released previously is missing producer and writer credits.  I think we all miss the days of album inserts. We will continue to bring updates and monitor the fu*#ery as the real credits unfold.

*Update* - April 6, 2018 @ 21:48:00

Wikipedia has updated their post once again, this time using the instagram posts of several creators as sources. Cubeatz for example, have made their way back onto the list.

Allen Ritter staked his claim to "Best Life"with Boi1da and solidified Vinylz and Frank Dukes as producers on the album as well.

Mustard chimed in for himself and Official.

Justin Tranter, Billy Blanco, Ali Tamposi and Andrew Watt contributed to "Thru Your Phone"

The album was certified Gold this morning by the RIAA due to singles having sold the album equivalent of 500k plus. All in all, we really shouldn't have had to work this damn hard to figure out who was involved in this project. I would love to shout out the engineers and the studios as well, but I guess that's asking too much these days. Antmanwonder was wondering (see what I did there?) as well on Twitter about the folks behind the music.

You can check the newest guess from Wikipedia below. Get Up 10 is still apparently not clear to them, although Genius said Southside did it. I'll reach out to my 808 Mafia fam to confirm. Hopefully Tidal or someone comes through with something official.

TitleWriter(s)Producer(s)
1."Get Up 10"
2."Drip" (featuring Migos)
  • Cassius Jay
  • Nonstop Da Hitman[b][19]
3."Bickenhead"

[20]

4."Bodak Yellow"
  • J. White
  • Raphael[a]
5."Be Careful"
6."Best Life" (featuring Chance the Rapper)
  • Boi-1da
  • Ritter

[21]

7."I Like It" (with Bad Bunny and J Balvin)
8."Ring" (featuring Kehlani)

[22]

9."Money Bag" J. White[3]
10."Bartier Cardi" (featuring 21 Savage)
11."She Bad" (with YG)

[24]

12."Thru Your Phone"

[25][26]

13."I Do" (featuring SZA)

*Update* - April 7, 2018 @ 12:52:00

We received an on-site chat message from an anonymous source from the Bronx in reference to track 1, Get Up 10. According to him, the beat was produced by DJ SwanQo. We've reach out and are awaiting comment. SwanQo has definitely been around and involved in Team Cardi B.

Wikipedia has also credited The Beat Bully for the beat, which samples Meek Mill's "Dreams and Nightmares" from the 2012 studio album of the same name. Shout to Philly and shout to Chester, Pa.

*Update*  - April 8, 2018 @ 14:45:00

DJ SwanQo hit back with confirmation  of his work on the intro "Get Up 10" , along with frequent collaborator Sean Allen. They notably produced "I Gotta Hurt You" for Cardi B on Gangsta Bitch Music Vol. 1 along with Shaft.

He also called on other sources to give them their proper credit.

With CD's in their twilight years, all we can do is continue to search and wait and debate the fate of creator credits. We're at the mercy of a broken process that could be so simple if metadata was simply entered and updated as they music was created and readied for distribution.

*Update*  - April 11, 2018 @ 02:29:00

Wikipedia has added SwanQo and Sean Allen to "Get Up 10".  SwanQo and Allen are producers for KSR, Cardi's previous management group. SwanQo always works with Brooklyn artist, Josh X, another artist on KRS and previous collaborator with Cardi B.

Here's what we will hope is the final update.

No.TitleWriter(s)Producer(s)
1."Get Up 10"
  • The Beat Bully
  • DJ SwanQo
  • Sean Allen[a]

[31]

2."Drip" (featuring Migos)
  • Cassius Jay
  • Nonstop Da Hitman[b][32]
3."Bickenhead"
4."Bodak Yellow"
  • J. White
  • Klenord Raphael[a]
5."Be Careful"
6."Best Life" (featuring Chance the Rapper)
  • Boi-1da
  • Allen Ritter

[34]

7."I Like It" (with Bad Bunny and J Balvin)
8."Ring" (featuring Kehlani)

[35]

9."Money Bag"
  • Almanzar
  • White
  • Thorpe
J. White[3]
10."Bartier Cardi" (featuring 21 Savage)
11."She Bad" (with YG)

[38]

12."Thru Your Phone"

[39][40]

13."I Do" (featuring SZA)
About the Author
Cizzurp

Cizzurp

Facebook Twitter

Chief Operating Officer of {istandard} producers

Check out more creator coverage on [istandardblog]

Submit to showcase with us!